- Home /
Pink Oyster Mushroom Grow Kit-Grow The Funguy
Grow your own mushrooms
|Brand||Grow The funguy|
Pink Oyster Mushroom :
Pink Oyster mushrooms are beloved the world over for their delicate texture and mild, savory flavor. The mushrooms typically have broad, thin, Pink oyster- or fan-shaped caps and are white, gray, or tan, with gills lining the underside. The caps are sometimes frilly-edged and can be found in clusters of small mushrooms or individually as larger mushrooms. Pink Oyster mushrooms are more expensive than white button mushrooms and take little prep since they can be used whole or chopped.
Oyster mushrooms tend to have a subtle, savory anise flavor. Because their flavor is mild, without the strong earthiness of some mushroom varieties, they work well in a range of different dishes. Pink Oyster mushrooms also take on a tender, pleasing texture when cooked. Cooking methods like frying, roasting, and grilling can retain more texture in the mushrooms while braising and sautéing makes them softer.
That's not mold--that's mycelium!
Your kit includes an amended sawdust block fully colonized with mushroom mycelium. It may appear covered with a soft, white, mold-like substance - that's the mushroom mycelium! It is completely normal. The mycelium of some species is more prominent than others.
Contains - Growkit , spray bottle , instruction booklet, journal , activity card , recipe and nutrition cards, read when letters , magnet , colour sheet , stickers
Our Pink Oyster mushroom kits are reliable producers and tend to yield large flushes of beautiful light yellowish-brown and deep pastel pink mushrooms when given adequate humidity. With continued proper care, you should be able to get multiple flushes. (We 100% guarantee your first flush of mushrooms, but hope you'll try for 2 or 3!)
Substrate : The block inside the box is substrate. It is sawdust and soybean hull completely colonized with mycelium.
Spray Bottle : Fill up the bottle and spray to keep the mushrooms humid.
How to Grow ?
1) Inside this box is an amended sawdust block that has been completely colonized by mushroom mycelium. Open the front of your kit along the perforated line and dispose of the remaining cardboard.
2) Slice an 'X' into the plastic underneath with a sharp knife or scissors.
3) Fill the sprayer included in your kit with tap water and spritz the plastic where you sliced your 'X' shape. Spritz your kit at least twice daily - more if you're in a particularly dry climate. (If your mushrooms start to grow but dry up and die, your growing conditions may be too dry and you should make a humidity tent! See instructions below).
4) Place your kit in the most humid part of your home and outside of direct sunlight. We suggest putting it on a kitchen counter close to a sink. The mushroom mycelium will sense the oxygen in the air and produce mushroom 'pins,' another term for 'baby mushrooms.' This will usually begin to happen within two weeks of slicing the plastic.
5) Harvest before the caps flatten out and become concave. Mushrooms grow quickly, so when you spot your first pins keep an eye on them. The warmer the environment the faster they will grow. Mushrooms should be ready to harvest 2-5 days after pinning.
Everything starts from the spore that is released from the mushroom. We inoculate the substrate with the spore (seed) of the mushroom. It will begin colonizing the substrate by forming long threads. These threads grow one cell at a time, and then they branch and re-branch, growing in every direction they can, even three-dimensionally. And that mass of threads is called a mycelium (The white thing you see in the bag). The substrate used is sawdust. Because the Pink oyster mushroom is seen originally on trees, we added nutrition to the substrate to improve the yield quality, enhancing the protein content.
- Boosts bone mineral density
- Protects against cancer
- Boosts immune system
- Promotes digestive system health
- Low in calories
- High in fibers and protein
- Rich vitamin D source
- Promote blood sugar regulation
- Packed with antioxidants
- Contains zinx, iron, pottasium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin C, folic acid, niacin, vitamin B1and vitamin B2